“Don’t rely on someone else for your happiness and self-worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can’t love and respect yourself – no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are – completely; the good and the bad – and make changes as YOU see fit – not because you think someone else wants you to be different “
~ Stacey Charter
Can you honestly say that you love yourself and that you are happy in the direction in which your life is going? It is so easy to get caught on focusing on everything and everyone else that you do not focus on loving yourself first. The journey to self-love is learning to be comfortable with being yourself.When you practice self-love, you are continually naming and claiming all of who you are — even the parts that are scary and you don’t want to confront. It’s about evolving, and your ability to be cognizant, authentic and intentional in every aspect of your life. In doing so you’ll build greater self-compassion and also develop the capacity to offer compassion to others.
Self-love can only come from a place of self-understanding and affirmation. As you begin to accept and embrace all of who you are magic starts to happen.
Take time to “step up your self-care”. This is one lesson I learned the hard way. Lately, I’ve felt the need to slow down and have been completely adamant about giving myself a break. I realized that I was giving so much of myself to others and that I truly had nothing left for me. I felt myself on the edge of a mental breakdown and for the first time, I was completely mentally and physically drained. I knew that if I did not give myself time to breathe and recharge I would break at any given moment. That by far was one of the hardest decisions to make, yet one of the most rewarding breaks I’ve ever had to take. I remember telling myself, that it’s okay to take time for you and say “no”. Taking care of yourself isn’t just a gift for yourself; it’s a gift for everyone around you.
The more you give to yourself, the more love you have to give to others and the more value you can add to the world.
So, do yourself, your loved ones, and your future a favor and do whatever it is that makes you feel amazing.Give yourself permission to just be who you are. When you make conscious decisions to be you and do the things that you love, you will feel completely liberated. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what other people think.
Your happiness and well-being is the most important thing. So go on and allow yourself to be great! Here are 15 Self-Love tips you can try today to discover how to fully take charge of loving yourself.
- Start each day by telling yourself something really positive.
- Surround yourself with people who love and encourage you.
- Celebrate your wins no matter how big or small. You deserve to be proud of what you have achieved.
- Step outside of your comfort zone and try something new.
- Follow your passion. Do what really excites you and scares you at the same time.
- Be patient but persistent. Self-love is ever evolving.
- Be kind and support yourself through the hard times.
- Be mindful of what you think, feel and want.
- Learn to say no. Saying no sometimes doesn’t make you a bad person; it makes you a smart person.
- Forgiving others is also huge for our well being. Holding onto anger and resentment only harms you, not the other person. Let it go not for them but for you.
- Be realistic. There is no person on this earth that is happy every single moment of every single day. We are all human. We make mistakes, we feel emotions (good and bad) and this is completely ok. Allow yourself to be human.
- Find your happy place. The one place you feel totally at is ease, calm, happy, positive, and simply high on life?
- Slowing down and taking time off completely refuels and allows you to actually get more done faster.
- Have fun! Get out there and do the things that light your fire. Enjoy them, enjoy being you and enjoy your incredible life.
- Live intentionally. You will accept and love yourself more, and appreciate whatever is happening in your life when you live with purpose and intention. Your purpose doesn’t have to be crystal clear to you. If your intention is to live a meaningful and healthy life, you will make decisions that support this intention, and feel good about yourself when you succeed in this purpose. You will love yourself more if you see yourself accomplishing what you set out to do.
Now that you know self-love begins with you, how will you love yourself more today?
Facebook: Yasmin Watts Photography + Issa Wrap Inspired Collection
Instagram: @yasminwattsphotography + @issawrapinspiredcollection