Do you have some bad habits in 2018? Guilty. I often struggle with a few bad habits that know matter how hard I try, they seem to come back. What can I say? I’m a frequent work in progress.
Like most people around this time of year, I’m trying to fix certain areas of my life and start with a fresh slate when the new year arrives.
Hopefully, this post will inspire you to break some habits and before the clock strikes twelve at midnight on New Years Eve.
1. Organize My Closet : Fair warning : my clothes are usually on hangers… most days. Other days they are usually covering my bedroom floor. I can’t help it. I have a lot of clothes and sometimes what I’m looking for is either in the dirty clothes, hidden inside of a drawer, or hiding from me. To help keep me organized in 2019, I vow to organize my closest by seasons and minimize clothing in my drawers.
2. Just Say No To Chips : Got some spare change? I usually do in the bottom of my handbag. I’m a self confessed chipa-holic. I like chips in different flavors. Each flavors helps satisfy a craving or mood. Yes, I know chips are terrible for my health. Thus, to help my addiction I’m stuffing that extra change into my son’s piggy bank.
3. Go To Bed Earlier: I’m a writer. I’m a mom. The two are married. Yet, they don’t always see eye to eye when I’m trying to write a blog post or discipline my kids. Thus, I’ve created the habit of staying up until midnight pounding my keyboard. By the time the alarm goes off in the morning, I’m practically a zombie. Although my best ideas come to me in the middle of the night. I’ll begin to jot my ideas down in the afternoon. Once the kids are in bed, I can crank out my ideas before midnight.
4. Budget, Budget, and Budget: I like to swipe! There I said it and I’m not ashamed to admit it. Not many people can admit that they have a “swiping” problem. I do. Instead of swiping my heart away in 2019, I’m going to use more cash. I’m going to make a list of expenses and wants for the month and only try to spend cash when applicable.
5. Take A Social Media Break: After I think God for a new day, I jump on social media. I’m on social media for at least eight hours a day. I’m actually being productive and making genuine connections. However, it’s a huge time consumer and distraction. I usually take a social media break on Sunday’s. In the new year, I’m going to adopt Saturday as a day to relax and enjoy my family and friends.
It takes 21 days to form and break a habit. These are just a few of my personal habits that I will be closely monitoring. Do you want to check your habits?
Get the habit tracker and monitor your spending, sleeping, and social media habits over the next few weeks. We’re all a work in progress, don’t be to hard on yourself.
Disclosure : This post is in partnership with a affiliate link.
What habits will you be breaking in 2018?
Leave a comment. Follow. Share.
#habit #motivation #transformationtuesday #inspiration #habits #workout #goals #postpartumjourney #teamhblcouple #abs #21dayshakechallenge🥤 #life #frenchtoast #mealplan #success #mindset #yougotthis #selfdevelopment #instafit #words #fitgirl #healthy #training #cleaneating #living #inspirational #morning #lifelessons #selfcare #nutrition