Hey girl hey!!! How’s your new year going so far? On a scale of one to ten you’re probably somewhere between 6 or 8. Don’t feel bad. It happens to the best of us. The new year has settled in and the normalization of your everyday life has taken over. Now before you go chucking away your 2018 goals. Let’s have an open and honest discussion about expectations and reality.
I know it’s a new year, new you! Great ! I’m all for changes and self improvements. Sometimes we place these grandeur expectations on ourselves that don’t necessarily include our realities. Case in point: Working out at the gym twice a week. Sounds pretty easy if you have the time and flexibility in your schedule. But,if you’re a working mom like myself finding time to go to the gym, raising a growing family, a budding career, and full time job can seem a bit over whelming to squeeze the gym into your life. I know what you’re thinking. Those love handles are not going to magically disappear overnight. Facts.
Here’s the good part our expectations and realities have a common denominator. They meet in the middle of our adjustments. That’s right you will have to make some adjustments in order to be successful in 2018. A few examples include adjusting your daily routine, interactions, breaking old habits, learning new habits, and developing a routine sensible to your hearts desire.
Can I tell you something ? Your goals don’t care how you feel in 2018! Sorry not sorry. Truthfully, your goals are a constant reminder of your potential and your vision for a better life. They should be a frequent reminder that you have more to aim and accomplish in this year and beyond. Don’t get comfortable or complacent in January , March, June, or December. You have created a beautiful vision for yourself in 2018 and you owe it to yourself to see the best version of yourself emerge.
How are you going to conquer your goals in 2018? Here are six girl boss tips :
- Be Fearless : If you constantly comparing your day one to someone else’s Day 285 you will never get ahead in the game. Take fear and comparison out of the equation and risk it all for the reward of learning something new.
- Have a vision : If there is something in your heart or mind, it is your duty to see that vision come to life. Write the book. Start the podcast. Become a vlogger. Have a vision and hold true to it.
- Believe In Yourself : Your belief in yourself has to be on Beyonce level! Beyonce is not checking for Ciara, Ashanti, or anyone else. Beyonce believes in her message, her gift, her brand, and etc. Believe in yourself 1000%
- Always Hustle : What’s your hustle? You cannot live in a multifaceted world without at least three to four hustle. Go from author to coach. From blogger to masterclass. Hustle your way into bookstores, tv, film, as an expert.
- Stay Focused : You are going to come up against faux friends, haters, negativity, doubt , frustration, rejection, and much more. Don’t give up! Stay focused and learn that nothing comes without struggle and pressure.
- Get out there : Action! You can’t remain comfortable in a progressive world. You have to get out there and be willing to fail or make a fool out of yourself. Get out there and promote your biggest product/service…YOU! Get out there and get your blessings!
Listen sis, I hope you’re excited about all of the wonderful and endless possibilities 2018 will bring. This is your year to manifest your destiny!! I want you excited to conquer the world and your life. Don’t allow the worlds demands to overwhelm you or allow you to hit pause on your goals. You’re too sharp and too blessed to settle for less than you deserve. Repeat after me : This is my 2018!!
What are your goals for 2018? How will you conquer your goals ? Tell me about it. Leave a comment. Share the blog. Follow me. @writermcwalker
#girlboss #entrepreneur #bossbabe #girlpower #womeninbusiness #smallbusiness #bosslady #goals #motivation #momlife #beyourownboss #femaleentrepreneur #ladyboss #hustle #entrepreneurlife #business #creativepreneur #womensupportingwomen #thehappynow #newyear #goaldigger